Oct 5, 2018
During this 9th episode of the
Self Care Passport podcast, Janae Fletcher, self-care architect,
quiet leader, personal and professional mentor, creator of the Self
Care Passport process, and host interviews Tami Hackbarth, a
certified life and work coach who coaches professional women all
over the country. Janae and Tami define and debunk self-care while
paralleling the peaks and valleys of their own self-care
Self Care questions are asked, What is self care? What is your
biggest struggle with self care? What are your Self Care Pet
Care is a four pronged approach with Body, Mental, Emotional,
- Self-care for one person isn't going to be
self-care for another person.
we practice self-compassion, we speak to ourselves like a good
- It is
important to be mindful around how you are talking to
- Self-care is a practical and magical approach
to Body, Mind and Soul, including your finances.
- Self-care is anything that brings you
you think of self-care as your house, your house has a foundation
and then you have the walls and the entire structure to store your
- Self-knowledge is powerful. Once you know your
triggers, you can do a lot of work around how to set yourself up
- Self-reflection is an important part of setting
yourself up for success.
power of vulnerability and importance of boundaries.
you don't reflect on past experiences, you will say yes again to
something you don't want to do.
- Struggle happens when losing track of rituals
and routines when things get busy.
- How a
meditation practice can be beneficial.
- Admitting our struggles is very
harder it is to meditate, the longer you should
- Self-care is 100% necessary to show-up in your
talks about her experience when the teacher goes back to
people think that self-care is selfish.
to basics: Living a healthy life is not just working out. It also
includes sleeping enough and taking care of the basics.
- Humans are messy. The human experience is meant
to be messy.
more real so other people can be the same.
3 Key Points:
1. Tami and Janae define and
debunk self-care by sharing what it is and isn´t.
2.Tami shares strategies around
knowing what you need and planning for success.
3. Self-care is 100% necessary
to show up in life everyday and it is not selfish. It is a
necessary practice to be in tune with yourself and the world around
- “Anticipate where you are going to fall down.”
- “100% Guilt-Free Self Care.” –Tami
- “Accepting where we are and acknowledging our
feelings is so beneficial.” – Janae Fletcher
- “Be more real so other people can be the same.”
– Janae Fletcher
Instagram – Instagram for Tami Hackbarth