Aug 3, 2018
Body Language Strategy and Finding Your Voice.
During this fifth episode of the Self Care
Passport podcast, Janae Fletcher, Self Care Architect, quiet
leader, personal and professional mentor, creator of the Self Care
Passport process, and host, interviews Kerstin O’Shields, an
executive presentation coach, speaker, and private voice teacher in
Seattle and Greater Puget Sound areas for over 20 years. Learn how
Kerstin O’Shields’ journey has led her to specializing in
“framing the masterpiece of each
person’s message, performance, and business by enhancing nonverbal
communication with body posture, body gesturing, facial
expressions, and clarifying the physical voice.”
● Body language can influence people in a positive
● Kerstin O’Shields started as a professional opera
● Non-verbal communication is 80% of our
● Kerstin is the United States leading body language
strategist and her system is called Body Language Strategy.
● The Four Pillars of Leaderships are the areas that we
learn to show up in: confidence, competence, trust, and
approachability; make people seek you out.
● How are people experiencing me? What is the experience
I’ve created for them?
● What you reflect out, is what is reflected back to
● If you walk into a room and expect a response, you are
already too late.
● Fear is only an indicator of what you want.
● Shift your energy to what you want.
● The body only has two states: action and
● Posture is your number business tool to attract
business, keep yourself motivated, and remain
● What you think is what you do.
3 Key Points:
1. With the skill set of enhanced body language, you can
create influence without saying a word.
2. 80% of our communication is non-verbal, and people are only
using 40-50% of their body language.
3. The Four Pillars of Leaderships are the areas that we learn
to show up in:confidence, competence, trust, and
“You don’t have to be an extrovert to give a great
presentation or show up for yourself.” – Janae Fletcher
“Everybody has something to bring to the table, no matter who
you are.” – Kerstin O’Shields
“The connection that we get from how you present, is what
allows us to adopt it into our own life, and take it in and truly
connect to what you have to offer.” – Kerstin O’Shields
– Kerstin O’Shields’ Facebook